Ola ‘Kiya, Reporting
A couple and their three kids have died after consuming amala meal at their family house in Usugnwe-Okaito, Okehi Local Government Area of Kogi State.
Stonix News reports that amala is the common Yoruba name given to a solid meal made from cassava flour.
The three children died immediately after eating the amala last Friday, while the mother died on Saturday and the father on Sunday, Stonix News gathered.
The family is said to be from Omavi, Ohupe ward, but resides in Usugnwe-Okaito.
Stonix News recalled that a similar incident happened some years back in Okene Eba where a whole family was wiped out.
Yet another similar incident occured just recently in Ogaminana and Osara which were all traced to food poisoning.
Meanwhile, the epidemiology unit in the Ministry of Health has not officially responded to the cause of the deaths.