FOLLOWING the suspension of Mr. Abdulrasheed Bawa, by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Abdulkarim Chukkol, has been appointed as the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
See the profile of the anti-graft agency czar:
* He was the Director of Operations of the Commission.
* A pioneer staff of the Commission
* He is Nigeria’s Contact person at the International Mass Marketing Fraud Working Group representing key Government regulatory, law enforcement, prosecution, immigration and customs, financial intelligence, consumer protection agencies as well and trade and competition bureaus dealing with mass marketing-related issues from Spain, Nigeria, Belgium, Europol, Canada, United Kingdom and the United States
* He holds a bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics from the University of Maiduguri (2000) Post Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Education from the University of Virginia, United States
Graduate Diploma in Cybersecurity and Spectrum Management from the United States Telecommunication Training Institute, Washington DC, United States.
* Alumnus of the FBI National Academy, Quantico; European Center of Security Studies, Germany
* A Fellow of the War College, Nigeria.