Ola ‘Kiya, Reporting
THE Marlian Record label boss, Naira Marley, has vowed to assist law enforcement agencies in uncovering the cause of the untimely demise of his former signee, Ilerioluwa Aloba (Mohbad).
This is sequel to the controversy trailing the untimely death of the pop star on Tuesday September 12, 2023 at 27.
Although, the cause of Mohbad’s death is still unknown, his father, Joseph Aloba, has revealed that he died shortly after an auxiliary nurse was invited to administer an injection on him.
Marley, in a statement on Friday, said he was “heartbroken” by Mohbad’s demise, adding that he will “truly be missed.”
He, however, acknowledged thst they had “disagreements, but said “no harm whatsoever was wished on Mohbad.”
He pleaded with the media to tread softly in order not to jeopardise the efforts of the security agencies in their investigation.
The statement read in part:
“With heavy hearts we mourn the loss of an exceptional talent. Someone who was more than an artist or signee but a brother and dear friend Promise” Mohbad” Oladimeji Aloba,
“We send our deepest condolences to the family and loved ones, we are all heartbroken by his tragic loss and will be truly missed.
“From inception we recognised Mohbad was a force to be reckoned with. His music gave so many people love and light.
“Mohbad touched us all with his heartfelt lyrics, story telling, infectious smile and energy. The news of his passing has left us with a permanent hole in our hearts
“Mohbad is an incredible street pop star who contributed to the foundation of the Marlian Music. Despite his departure last year we continually championed his talent.
“No family is perfect, families have disagreements but no harm whatsoever was wished on Mohbad.
“So many things left unsaid but the love was always there. This tragedy is not only a loss for us but to everyone you touched musically around the world.
“As we share our condolences to the late Mohbad, we would like to echo a call for a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death.
“We’re unhappy and unsettled with everything we have witnessed since Tuesday the 12th Sept.
“We owe it to Mohbad to assist with uncovering any foul play or injustice. Our brother deserved a better send-off, it saddens us that we couldn’t assist with providing a befitting burial.
“We will continue our efforts to reach out to the family.
“We urge our colleagues in the media to treat this matter with the utmost sensitivity, respect and care.
“We publicly appeal to the authorities to do due diligence and we will work closely to support those handling the matter.
“Finally urge the online community to refrain from circulating damaging accusations that could compromise the investigation.”