Delta StateMetro

Electric Wires Kill Homeless Man In Sapele

Rita Enemuru Reporting

A homeless man was killed by an electric wire which fell on him after a heavy downpour at New Ogorode Road, Sapele, Delta State on Saturday, June 18.

Stonix News gathered that some wire cables got loosed from the electric poles as a result of the rain the previous day unknown to the residents.

The homeless man, who was assumed to be mentally deranged, was taking some rest under one of the electric poles when the cables fell on him.

He was not only electrocuted, some parts of his body were burnt and he died on the spot, a witness claimed.

The body of the deceased was later taken away by health officials of the Sapele Local Government Council.

Meanwhile, Sapele residents have called on the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC), government and all relevant authorities to be proactive so as to avoid a recurrence. 

What's your reaction?

Excited
0
Happy
0
In Love
0
Not Sure
0
Silly
0

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in:Delta State

0 %